Ever wonder how the commercial sector became aware of the existence of drones? Well, in 2013, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos made an announcement. His company was going to test using drones as a delivery method. This announcement triggered the commercial sector’s curiosity. Indeed, the use of drones opened doors to endless possibilities. In the end, the use of drones did not only benefit the commercial sector; the private sector also benefited from its use. The basic drone model is well and good, but do you know what takes the cake? A drone with live camera takes the cake!
The Best of the Best (Choices!)
1. Holy Stone HS200 FPV
This is an example of a live view drone.It has a camera that enables you to take pictures and record video. The camera also provides you with a real time view of the surroundings. This is also one of the most affordable drones with live video that is available in the market. The Holy Stone HS200 FPV will only cost you around $100 or less. At that price, the camera is not the only feature that will entice you. In fact, this drone boasts an altitude control function that enables the drone to maintain altitude without the use of the throttle. This feature is perfect if you want to take stills of various landscapes from a high point of view.
How do you turn the Holy Stone HS200 into a drone with live video stream? It’s simple; all you have to do is pair it with your IOS or Android smart phone. Isn’t that a perfect combination? A drone with a live feed camera and a smart phone. This will enable you to take a look at an area on a wider scale.
Please have a look at the price here.
- As durable as they come.
- Customer service is excellent. Defective drones can be replaced with ease.
- The design is attractive.
- Can tackle medium wind conditions without losing altitude.
- Flight stability plus various flight modes.
- Comes with 4GB SD Card and reader.
- Headless option allows the drone to orient you and not the other way around.
- Very lightweight. Strong winds can affect its flight.
- The "return home/to you" feature is not accurate. It merely enables the drone to return to the general direction of its origin.
- Flight times are not impressive; roughly around 7-8 minutes only.
- The propellers are a bit more fragile than what's usual.
- Charging it can be time consuming.
2. Holy Stone HS160 Shadow FPV
This is another option. Now, before you say “it’s just another drone”, this little guy has a surprise for you. If you like portability and flexibility in technology then this might be the best live streaming drone for you. The Holy Stone HS160 has a foldable structure.
Yes! You heard that right. HS160 can be folded and then you can stuff it inside your pocket. This feature is made possible with the use of ABS plastic aerofoil. In addition to portability, by folding this drone with live feed camera, you ensure it’s safety.
Just like the other models, this drone can be synced or connected with your iPhone or Android smartphone. It also has altitude control ang gyro stability; enabling for a more stable flight even when you are still a beginner. It also comes with the standard 720P HD camera.
Visit here to see the price.
- The unit comes with extra batteries.
- It can be maneuvered with ease. Precise and responsive controls.
- Budget friendly drone.
- Stability in flight.
- It's very compact making it easy to store when not in use.
- Compatible with VRs.
- Camera can be adjusted. You can point it downwards or upwards.
- Gradual speed settings makes it easy to control even for beginners
- Unimpressive battery life.
- Too lightweight; a reasonable breeze can set it off-course.
- The unit does not come with a blade guard.
- It does not come with a GPS.
- No SD card or SD card slot. Images and videos are saved in the app storage on your phone.
- Requires Wi-Fi for first person view.
- The control range is very limited.
- The rolling shutter of the camera results to Jell-O effect.
3. DBPower MJX X400W FPV
Just like any drone with live video stream, the DBPower X400W comes with a built-in HD camera. The camera enables you to take videos and pictures in real time. In line with most drone modes, the X400W also has a headless mode.
In this mode, you get to fly the drone without worrying about its orientation or the direction the nose is facing. It is also smartphone compatible. You can connect the X400W to your iPhone or Android smartphone and use your mobile device to fly the unit.
If you decide to get this drone, the unit will get you neat wrapped in a Ready-to-Fly package. Therefore, all you have to do is unpack it, get the transmitter powered up, connect the unit to your phone, and you are good to go.
In order to see the price, please visit here.
- Built with ABS plastic, this drone is durable.
- Propeller guards protect the propellers from damage.
- Landing gears protect the camera and other vulnerable areas when landing.
- Can be used using a VR headset.
- It's small and agile.
- The device can perform 360 degree flips in all directions with a touch of a button.
- Battery capacity is longer than most.
- Unit is not completely stable. It's lightweight a strong breeze may cause it to be blown off.
- VR headsets do not come with the package.
- Connectivity between the drone and the transmitter is slow.
- Wobbly recorded videos because of its weight.
- Does not come have a SD card slot.
- Altitude stability is poor.
The are many drones in the market that claim to be the best live streaming drone. However, it is always wise to do your own research before making the final purchase. This will help ensure that you are getting your money’s worth. With the three choices that was presented, the Holy Stone HS200 FPV will surely give you the best value for your money. It is perfect for beginners and intermediate drone fliers alike.