Have you had the good fortune of spending a little time with Parrot drones? If not, then you may not realize that there is a nice little app out there that you have been missing out on. In this article we will discuss the Freeflight Pro app as well as some compatible drones so that you can know a little more about Parrot's gem of an app. So what is Freeflight Pro? Let's discuss.
Parrot Free Flight Pro- 3 supported OS platforms
Parrot Freeflight is an app that installs on your Android, your IOS Smartphone, or your Ipad. What does it do? Well, it allows you to pilot your drone but it can do a little bit more as well.
Parrot Freeflight Pro Features
Freeflight Pro comes with a number of control features for your drone. What does it let you do? Well, here is a list of features so that you can see for yourself. Freeflight Pro features the following:
- Control photos and video - Pictures and videos can be taken with ease with Parrot Freeflight Pro. Be sure to make plenty of them to share with your friends.
- Intuitive control of your drone - With virtual joysticks and other options, controlling your Parrot drone is easy and fun.
- Fly 'inside' your drone - Parrot Cockpit glasses (optional though included with some packages) allow you an immersive, first-person flight experience that has to be seen to be believed. If you own one of the faster drones this is REALLY a thrill that you will want to experience. Statistics on your display really add to the 'wow' factor of this.
- Follow targets - Free for now, this option allows you to designate targets for your drone to follow. Very cool!
- GPS location of your drone - Find out the GPS location of your drone at any time. Useful for crashes or simply keeping track of your drone.
- Disconnect warnings - Red means that you are getting out of range. This easy to notice alert ensures that you don't have to worry about the dreaded disconnect when flying your Parrot drone.
- Flightplan - An optional purchase, Flightplan allows you to pre-set a flight plan for your drone. Coordinate demonstrations or simply show off how well your drone can follow your commands with this option.
- Stunts - Flips, sharp turns, and more. Freeflight lets you do flips and other acrobatics at the touch of a button.
- Parrot cloud - With your Parrot Freeflight Pro you can enter the Parrot cloud community, allowing you to instantly share videos with other parrot users as well as providing you the option to instantly post videos to YouTube and Google drive.
Sounds cool, but what drones are supported?
While AR drone Flight Pro for Android will also control these drones, the Free flight apps for Android and IOS are the most popular and support these drones at this time::
- Bebop drones
- Bebop 2 drones
- Disco drones
- Power drones
What can you tell me about these drones?
We're glad that you asked! We're including some information about 3 of the supported drones for Freeflight Pro. These are very nice drones with a lot of features and you can pilot any of them with the app. Without further ado, the drones!
" The flight time on this sweet little fixed-wing is a whopping 45 minutes."
Parrot Bebop 2
This drone has a lot of features to love. First, the flight time. At 25 minutes, you get a lot of quality time with your drone (and even more if you stock a spare battery or two.). Rear LEDS mean that nighttime flying is on the menu if you should like it. With a collision detection feature that shuts down the motors automatically in the case of impact, you have a little extra protection for your investment as well. The Parrot Bebop also has a follow-me function and you can activate it with your Android or IOS smartphone as well. While light, the Parrot Bebop 2 is actually quite powerful and can fly even in high winds. When your battery is running low it also has a homing function that will get it safely back to your base of operations. It's a nice little drone an well-priced.
Parrot Disco FPV
The Parrot Disco FPV is the rock star of the bunch. A fixed wing drone, you can fly this at speeds of up to 50 miles per hour! Combine it with the Parrot cockpit glasses and you will have many a flight to remember. The flight time on this sweet little fixed-wing is a whopping 45 minutes so if you keep a spare battery to charge while you run out the first then you can keep changing them out and fly to your hearts content, ending the day both elated and dizzy from the high speed FPV. Flying, gliding, and more, the Parrot Disco also sports an operating range of 1.2 miles from the controller, so you can easily fly it to a number of locations from the comfort of a chair on your porch.
This can be controlled by Parrot Freeflight but it must be the AR version. That said, This is an excellent quadcopter with 36 minutes of flight time that goes with it. This drone includes an HD camera, like the others, as well as it's own community called "The AR Drone Academy'. Flips and barrel rolls are easy as well with this model, achieved with just the touch of a button.
Controlling your Parrot drone with Android or IOS is easy with Parrot Freeflight Pro. Your drone will respond instantly to commands sent from Android or IOS and even better, if you invest in the Parrot Cockpit goggles then you can enjoy an immersive experience that is out of this world. So, what are you waiting for? Go out there and get your own Parrot drone today! You'll be so happy that you did!